01 02 03 Now that's pretty: My New Clutch Bag 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

My New Clutch Bag

34

 It was my birthday party this weekend (21st... I know! Absolutely mental!) and I had to dress up snazzy. I needed a clutch bag and since I am a maker I thought that there would be nothing better than to make a special thing for a special day.

At the moment I am halfway through The Dark Tower series (if you haven't read it, read it! It's one of those real change-your-life series) and there is a very beautiful and poignant poem in it that I knew I wanted to make something around. I had also been mercilessly stalking the amazing Olympia Le Tan on Instagram and had fallen in love with her book clutches and so I thought I would kill two birds with one stone and create a Dark Tower inspired book clutch.

 I'm ridiculously happy with how it turned out. The longest part was, of course, the embroidery which took a couple of weeks of casual stitching. I wanted to create a design which looked a little bit Mexican inspired since I imagine the part of the book where the poem is said to be set in a Hispanicy area. Although this isn't my usual style I'm really happy with how this came across. I made the the book casing out of mount board and thin bits of wood for the edging. I then covered the edges and the interior with sticky back gold paper and added a little jewellery box hinge.
I'm really happy with it. It felt really nice on a special day to be holding something that I'd worked hard on but also represented one of my favourite things. I hope you like it!

Dark days and pleasant nights to you all, sais.
(Read the books!)

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37 38