Wednesday, 16 October 2013
DIY Giant Waffle Cone Candycorns
You will need:
Yellow and orange food colouring
A sharp knife
A small bowl with warm water in
A cookie cutter the size of the base of your waffle cone.
A butter knife
Bowls for dipping
2. Now using a knife shave off the part of the cone which is now soft to get a flat base.
3. Cut a digestive biscuit using your cookie cutter. It is a little bit easier to cut if you wet the cutter and twist rather than pushing down.
4. Fill your cone with candy corn.
5. Melt some white chocolate and spread over the digestive biscuit.
6. Press the cone onto the white chocolate and wait for it to dry a little.
7. Now coat the base with a little more white chocolate just to seal it in.
8. Melt a little more white chocolate and colour it yellow. Dip your cone into into the bowl up to a third.
9. Dip the top third into uncoloured white chocolate and put them both into the fridge to set.
10. If there are strokes in the white chocolate that you want to smooth out then heat up a spoon and simply spread over the chocolate.
11. Using a spoon, cover the middle with white chocolate that has been coloured orange.
12. Take a knife and spread the orange chocolate. Leave to set in the fridge.
These little babies are so fun to open up! It's like a little personal-edible-pinata! Hurrah!