You will need:
Some ribbon (try not to go super thick or you won't be able to make the aglet fit through the eyelet)
Needle and thread
2. Run your needle and thread through the ribbon horizontally in as small stitches as you can.
3. Pull on the end of your thread to bunch it together.
4. Wrap the thread around the end as tight as it will go.
5. Now wrap the end in sellotape to enclose it.
6. To make your laces look really professional you can then pain the sellotape with acrylic paint, allow to dry and then cover again in a single layer of tape. This also has the added bonus of making it really strong! If you're feeling fruity try a contrasting colour at this stage.
To make this look I used two pairs of laces; one pair which was thin for the lacing and then one thicker pair just threaded at the top to make the bow. I think this gives a really balanced look but its pretty fun to experiment with different ribbons and see how they turn out. Try it with lace, glittery and chiffony ribbons for totally different effects!