Do you friends need merit badges but the standard scouting curriculum is just letting you down? Have they got weird habits and achievements that just really need rewarding in felt form? Make some scouting badges for them! I made George some for his birthday card and I think they look pretty awesome.
You will need:
Felt in various colours
Card for templates
1. Make a template for you badge. You need a circle then a ring where the outer circle is the same size as your main one and then the inner circle is slightly smaller.
2. Cut your felt out using your template.
3. Glue the ring to the edge of the circle.
4. Paint on the silhouette of your design using white acrylic and allow to dry.
5. Add in your colour detail and allow to dry.
6. For a really cartoony effect add a thin black outline.
For those of you who are interested, the badges I made were; Lemur Enthusiast, Master of Cogency, Follow Geek, Origami Master, Perfect Hair, Lemonade Addict. I have a feeling this will become a tradition!